G4S Aviation provides pre-board, hold-baggage and non-passenger screening services at twenty-one airports including Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in the Pacific Region (British Columbia and the Yukon Territory) of Canada in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). In Toronto, G4S provides a highly trained team of security personnel at Billy Bishop Airport. In Halifax, G4S contract with Halifax Stanfield International Airport to provide uniformed security services, parking and curbside services. In Eastern Canada, G4s provides security service to Termont Montréal, a container terminal operator based out of the Port of Montréal.
All Teamsters Local Union No. 213 positions start as casual positions.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Screening Officer is responsible for ensuring that the traveling public, their personal belongings, and the carry-on baggage and items they have with them are screened before they enter the sterile area of the airport. This will be accomplished by using metal detection equipment, X-ray equipment, and explosive detection equipment, as well as physical search techniques to search baggage, items and personal belongings.
As this is a unionized environment, shift assignments are bid by seniority and can be any day of the week (including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays) and starting and ending at any time during the day.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Work as a productive team member and support and promote a positive work environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Manage conflict
- Provide excellent customer service and promote teamwork
- Respond to alarms on EDT, X-ray and other equipment
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with emergency and contingency procedures
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with SOP's and COP's and CATSA Directives
- Establish and maintain effective communications with passengers and team members;
- Liaise with industry officials and regulatory authorities as applicable (e.g. Transport Canada, CATSA, RCMP, - Airport Authority etc).
- Ensure uniform compliancy
- Ensure that all professional certifications, clearances, RAIC's are current
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work all shifts with emphasis on overnight shifts
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to:standing for long periods of time lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and/or other items bending, stooping, kneeling performing surface lifts
- Ability to mentally focus and concentrate for a prolonged periods of time.
- Completion of High School; Some college/CEGEP/vocational is an asset
- Successfully complete all CATSA assessments including SOF and OJT programs.
- Must be able to obtain a valid medical certificate
- Proactive team member with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to take accountability for personal actions and decisions
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to think logically and analyze information
- Computer skills an asset
- Knowledge of CATSA Organization, CATSA SOP's, local COPs, Transport Canada Regulations as they pertain to screening and the Aeronautics Act an asset
A detailed job description, responsibilities and other requirements is posted on our website:
The applicants must follow the above link, create an account and complete a questionnaire in order for their application to move forward. Please be advised that this posting closes on October 19th, 2018.
Yalnızca işverenler. İnsan Kaynakları Şirket Yetkilileri, lütfen iş ilanını veren bu kişi ile iletişime geçmeyin.
talep edilmemiş hizmet veya teklifler için bizi ARAMAYIN