WJS Canada is currently looking for an individual to join our program in Prince George, as a part-time Residence Worker (28 hours per week).
Job Reference - #PG210-RWPT28
Under supervision, the residence worker (RW) is responsible for assisting persons served to live successfully in residential settings in an accredited agency. Ensures physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met. Assists persons served to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills. Provides behavioral support and supervision in the program and community, implements and monitors individual service plans through observation and accurate reporting, and participates in operating and maintaining the program. This position requires membership with BCGEU.
One (1) permanent part-time position with standard schedule of 28 hours per week:
**All applicants must provide at hiring, a current (dated within 3 months of hire date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check prior to confirmation of employment with WJS Canada. As these checks can often take 1-6 weeks to obtain, it is recommended that applicants prepare accordingly.
As an ideal candidate you possess the following qualifications:
- A certificate, diploma or degree in one of the humanities, social work or related field. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of one year recent related experience in a community-based setting, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
As an ideal candidate, you also possess:
- Previous experience with operating a licensed home and trauma informed practice
- Training in substance use is an asset
- Familiarity with Housing First, Harm Reduction and Employment First initiatives
- Valid CPR/First Aid, WHMIS, and Food Hygiene and Sanitation certificates
- Valid BC Driver's License and clean driver's abstract
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate and Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Positive behavior supports experience
- Clear physician's note confirming suitability, including a negative tuberculosis screening test
- Successful candidate must sign an oath of confidentiality, a conflict of interest statement, abuse protocols and a code of ethics statement.
Complete details can be found at https://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=76383&page=jobdetails&jobid=J1018-0045&BRID=EX96267&SBDID=21896&LANG=1
Deadline for applications is October 29th, 2018 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply with a resume and covering letter (outline education, experience and references), including Competition #PG210-RWPT28. Attention: Gloria Given-Harding, Program Manager
Endast huvudmän. Rekryterare ska inte ta kontakt med denna jobbannonsör.
kontakta oss INTE med oombedda tjänster eller erbjudanden