compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client is an engineering and technical services consulting company who has a solid reputation providing service to clients in the Mining, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Pulp & Paper sectors.
They are currently seeking an Assistant to the Controller in Prince George to contribute to their expanding company.
In this role, you will work closely with the controller who is responsible for general accounting and the treasury function. You will be an important part of the team responsible for ensuring the company's accounting records and systems are maintained, preparing timely and accurate financial statements and performing variance analysis. The individual in this position will be a resource for other members of the finance and operations teams and will support the controller in implementing accounting procedures, including researching government legislation. You will have opportunities to grow and be exposed to various finance and operational functions of a professional services firm.
The experience required for this role includes:
• Post-Secondary education with an Accounting or Business major;
• Professional accounting designation;
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience;
• Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles;
• Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment;
• High degree of self-motivation;
• Technical competence and
• High level of experience in Excel strong attention to detail;
• Willingness to learn and work with new accounting and operations systems. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX considered an asset;
• Proven problem solving skills and customer service focus;
• Ability to travel occasionally.
Our client is committed to providing opportunities for employees to develop both personally and professionally This is an opportunity to join a company with interesting
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers